Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. It takes various forms, such as slavery, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking, all of which have in common the deprivation of a person’s liberty by another in order to exploit them for personal or commercial gain.
MALY IT Solutions Ltd is making a voluntary Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking statement relating to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Given our size as an organisation, we are not legally required to make a modern slavery statement under section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. However, we are making this voluntary statement to show our commitment to ethical trading principles, that we oppose slavery and human trafficking in all its forms and are taking steps to ensure that there is no slavery or human trafficking in our business or in our supply chain. We make this statement to convey our values and stance against slavery and human trafficking.
- To help identify and monitor the risk of slavery and human trafficking in our supply chain we commit that we will vet suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure that they use ethical labour practices. We will review these commercial relationships, and if a supplier were found to be involved in slavery or human trafficking, then that supplier would immediately be terminated from supplying to Maly IT Solutions.
- We are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships and will implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place anywhere in our supply chains.
- Our people at all levels are encouraged to report concerns about any issue or suspicion of modern slavery in any parts of our business or supply chain.
- We promote to staff the importance of raising immediately any concerns they may have regarding modern slavery or human trafficking
- We protect staff who are ‘whistle blowers’ in respect of concerns they have about modern slavery or human trafficking
- We will continue reviewing and developing our supply chain due diligence and shall continue to review the effectiveness of this due diligence, our policies and our actions to recognise our commitment against human trafficking and modern slavery.
Karen Maly (Director) Maly IT Solutions 2020